Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

From page 131 of The Rogue

There's no way to know, I'm told, but Sarah is vicious and vengeful.  "Don't think for a minute that just because she's no longer governor she doesn't have dictatorial power in this state."  Someone's husband could lose his state job, I'm told.  Someone's nephew might not get that university scholarship. Someone's incipient political career could be nipped before it buds.  The message: Sarah is omniscient and omnipotent, and Todd has eyes and ears, too, as well as a propensity for hiring private detectives.  Sure I can be brave by moving next door to them, but I don't have to earn a living in this state.

More and more I discover that fear of the Palins is endemic throughout the Valley,.  I hear repeatedly that they've always been bullies.

"But we're not in 10th grade anymore,"  I say.

"Maybe we're not," is the response, "but they are."

3 comments:

  1. LevidumpedthepalinsJuly 27, 2015 at 9:00 PM

    The Palins are now paying the price for abusing their power. They venture out in public terrified a mob of girls will suddenly surround them, and a couple of the "little bitches" will kick their asses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recent posts prompted me to re-read "The Rogue." It really is an excellent read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the hell do they maintain that kind of stranglehold on the state?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.