Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Thoughts and prayers go out to former President Jimmy Carter


From Mother Jones

In a statement posted on the Carter Center website on Wednesday, 90-year-old former President Jimmy Carter revealed he has cancer that has spread throughout parts of his body:

Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body. I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare. A more complete public statement will be made when facts are known, possibly next week.

On August 3, Carter announced he had undergone a surgery to remove a small mass in his liver. Carter's father and all of his three siblings died from pancreatic cancer.

I know Jimmy has fewer days ahead of him than behind him, but I hope and pray he will be around at least a few more years, long enough to beat Ronald Reagan in the longevity department.

Hang in there Jimmy!  Thank you for all your service to this country, from your military to your time as governor of Georgia to the White House.

4 comments:

  1. This is proof there is no god. President Carter is ill, and my mother in law is still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SPHASH! I echo your sentiments exactly! President and Mrs.Carter have given so much of themselves since he left office so many years ago. They exemplify the true meaning of human kindness! You will NEVER see W. or that fuckin' crook bastard Cheney ever personify the dignity of the Carters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A humble man too kind for the WH

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a great man.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.